Friday, January 22, 2010

Joanne's: round one

Knowing that pretty soon here I'm going to be up to my eyeballs in fabric, I decided to brave the land of old ladies and overpriced sewing accessories...Joanne's. It's always a struggle to keep myself away from the soft fleece aisle but after about 30 minutes or so I had rounded up a nice little collection of bolts in my wagon. The line for the cutting counter wasn't too long so I wheeled on over and waited for my grand total which came to $65. Unfortunately for me I'm raking in a staggering $90 or so every two weeks so 65 isn't an appealing number. The woman refused to supply me with one of her golden tickets (50% off coupons) so naturally my next step was to run around the store like a headless chicken trying to find someone willing to surrender their coupon.

Plan B: ask the woman at the counter to honor it.

She gave me a whole long shpeal about whether it was a page of coupons or a cutout from a paper blah blah I don't know the hell she was getting at and after consolidating with all of her other fugly employees she refused to give it to me. At this point I was considering bargaining and telling her I would give her the extra 50% that I saved so she could use it on a new haircut that didn't completely resemble Fryer Tuck but I gave up and resorted to plan C...charge it to the credit card. Thanks Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment