Tuesday, February 9, 2010

A Day No Lace Would Live

This past weekend was the NCSU College of Textiles open house and all of us slave laborers were supposed to be in the studio making the college look good by working on our projects while idiotic parents and their annoying spawn walk around and ask us what we're doing. However, everyone around here has been talking about this great fabric store in Gastonia, NC called Mary Jos and I wanted in on the loot so I informed my teacher that I wouldn't be attending because Raleigh is a wasteland for fabric where creativity comes to die (yes I actually said this) and I needed some legit resources instead of piddling away my time in the dungeon.

Open house free, I loaded up the car and trekked the 3 hours, just beyond Charlotte, to this fabric haven. I apparently was very unprepared because upon arrival I realized I didn't know what I was looking for and spent the next 3 1/2 hours digging through piles of dupioni, feathers, and fringe before reaching my $88 total and state of sewer's bliss.

In the middle of all of this mayhem, I stumbled upon the lace that is on my manager's old wedding dress which was priced at $139/yard. At this point I first crapped my pants and then decided I had no choice but to destroy the dress and capitalize on its components. Once again, thank you to my manager and let the masacre begin!

On a side note, I arrived at Joanne's this morning at 8:45 before realizing they open at 9 and waited impatiently while the imbeciles figured out how to get their scanners working. Once again, why Joanne's is the bane of my existence.

1 comment:

  1. come visit me, there are several fabric stores within a five minute drive of my apartment. It would be awesome.

    p.s. i'm sure the store really didn't appreciate you pooping your pants.

    ReplyDelete