Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Swim Little Fish

Its been awhile since my last blog and here is the reason why...SNOW DAY! It snowed here this weekend and naturally, I was forced to drink hot chocolate and eat rice krispie treats instead of sewing.

Now that the snow is gone (kind of) its back to sewing and here is whats going on:

When they throw students into this class we have no real prior experience sewing anything unless its been on our own accord. The university sort of says "swim fishies...or sink, your choice." Due to this overwhelming stupidity I have run into some troubles i.e. I have no idea how to line garments and my order of operations is a little like the Sunday morning word scramble. Last week I spent twelve hours on Thursday in the dungeon and what I accomplished was mostly seam ripping and the slow but sure destruction of my fabric that ultimately resulted in round two of Joannes and another visit with the oh-so-enticing Friar Tuck. Somewhere into the sunset I forsee this becoming easier but for right now I'm on the East coast and the sunset is a long ways away.

In the mean time, big thanks to the people who are supporting me through donation. My aunt offered some old fashioned buttons that Lord knows I can't afford and my manager gave me her old wedding dress covered in absolutely amazing lace that I'm hesitant to destroy. If anyones got more goodies for me...share the wealth and keep an eye out for pictures, they're coming soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment