Saturday, March 27, 2010

1/4 Tank of Gas

Aside from the fact that there is a demonic mockingbird living outside my bedroom window that enjoys chirping for lady friends at 4am every morning, things have been progressing nicely. I've begun dress #5 and I'm ahead of schedule for the class. I figured, what the hey hole, I might as well come in early Saturday morning and do a little more work to keep up the pace.

Fuck.

I left the house this morning at 9am with my grainy French press coffee in hand planning to go to the dungeon and slave for a few hours but little did I know that there was a marathon happening...all over the place. As I approached the main street that separates me from campus, I noticed a slew of breathless people running along it. I headed West: closed. I headed East: closed. Even the part that runs through downtown was blocked off and since Raleigh's roadwork is planned by drunks, I had to go around my elbow to get to my ass and drive about 3 miles in the wrong direction to get to a highway entrance and take that to campus. Unfortunately the exits off of the highway were also shut down so I was forced to drive to the opposite end of town and then back track on small streets scattered with unnecessary stop signs until I reached campus or died trying, whichever came first. At least its Saturday so I can park anywhere I friggin feel like...wrong again.

Apparently its someones birthday today and all of the children in Raleigh were invited! I know because when I finally got to campus they were all over the place, swarming and drooling on everything in a crowd around a giant blow up jump-jump like satanic spawn with grubby little jam hands and cotton candy plastered to their faces. I finally found a parking spot a million miles away and walked back to the building. Its now almost 11am and I'm finally starting sewing, thank God for small favors.

No comments:

Post a Comment