Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Kissed by the Angel of Death

Our two garment critique that was supposed to be today got moved to Monday on account of the fact that the majority of us were worthless slugs over spring break. However, I worked my patooty off before I ever left for Atlanta and therefore I'm pretty much done with those dresses so when I woke up this morning with a skip in my step, I was feeling pretty good about my decision to brave Joanne's and all its minions.

I showered, put on my face followed by my clothes etc etc...the usual morning routine and then I headed into the kitchen MOTHER TRUCKER SHUT THE FRONT DOOR WHAT THE FRENCH TOAST: broken coffee machine. The only thing that keeps me sane and functional decided to just up and quit like the little bitch I always knew it was. I shook it, unplugged/replugged, opened and slammed the lid a few times. I did everything I knew how to do to fix things and then I resorted to the crusty old French press I had lurking in the back of the cabinet. Thinking I had beat the system, I went to recover my milk: expired. After pacing the kitchen a few times my ultimate decision was that if I used enough coffee, I wouldn't be able to taste the sour milk and still have enough caffeine pumping through my veins to fuel the sewing.

By the time I got to the car I had a raging headache and reached into my bag to grab an Advil. Everything in the endless abyss that is my book bag feels the same when I'm driving so I took out what I thought was the pill and after having swallowed the bastard, I came to the realization that what I had downed was in fact a bead and instead of relieving my head was probably going to give me cancer...excellent.

When I finally made it to Joanne's I perused the aisles, got what I needed and headed out. The friar wasn't working but apparently her friend (who I'm also pretty sure is the devil) was. I swiped my credit card and she looked at me with her cold and beady little eyes "denied." I immediately called home to tell my parents my card had been rejected and my Dad's response was "you're such a felon."

I have no money, I have no coffee...I fell off the deep end and I'm wading around in the crazy pool.

1 comment: