Thursday, March 18, 2010

Shiny Balls of Glory

Somewhere someone some time ago decided that right smack in the middle of the semester, students need a break from all the useless mumbo jumbo that teachers try to cram into their brains and that theory gave birth to one of the greatest mini holidays of all time: Spring Break. My blog may have remained postless but uneventful, it was not.

I'm currently down here in Atlanta schmoozing with my sister and wallowing in my pool of leisure but the road to freedom wasn't paved with golden bricks. It was long and tedious... and made from gravel. This coming Wednesday boasts the deadline of another critique meaning two more garments are due and therefore, the entirety of last week was spent hunched over and cracked out on caffeine trying to finish dresses three and four so I didn't have to think about manual labor during vacationing. 

While trying to accomplish an elephant sized load of sewing in a mouse sized amount of time something amazing happened... at Joanne's nonetheless. I walked in and tooted around like I usually do waiting for someone to do something miraculously stupid when I stumbled upon the bead aisle and right there, like a glowing gift from cherubs, were the pearls I've been harassing A.C. Moore about for weeks! Initially I stood there dumbfounded and then, like an over zealous fat kid in the midst of cake, I grabbed every single package they had and ran to the checkout counter to purchase them before some buffoon could tell me otherwise. When I got there Friar Tuck was the only one working the area so I approached the lone ranger, beads in hand. The plan was to be that annoying customer who does a million transactions so they can use a coupon on each one but the Friar let me use them all in one fell swoop. At that point I collected my lower jaw up off the floor and headed out for more sewing.  

Thanks to the Friar and her tricky schemes, I finished most of my sewing sans one heinous waistband that refuses to cooperate regardless of my many attempts and differently angled approaches. 

The latest news: My sister took me to a fashion fabric store and I immediately developed "shiny ball syndrome" and dropped $100 on a very small bag of sparkly goodies (sorry Mom) and now, the commencement of dress five!
     

No comments:

Post a Comment