Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nice Nice

I escaped the cold grip of Paris finally after a month long stay and have moved on to Nice. Its pretty legit here, looks just like all the pictures of the French Riviera that they put on the post cards...go figure. When I arrived I took it upon myself to first find the hostel, then get drunk at it which is easy to do when the common room is an old chapel with stained glass windows and a bar that comes fully equipped with cheap drinks and cute Aussies. Perhaps it was the amount of sun that I got but the next day I was borderline incoherent and my plans to travel to the market in Ventimiglia were hindered by the overwhelming urge to vomit and I opted for a smaller market here instead.

The next night I learned my lesson and sipped on chocolate milk instead which allowed me to make it to Monaco the following morning. I went with two guys I met here. One was a really nice Aussie and the other was a fucktard from Canada who first told me he thought I was going to be socially awkward when he first met me and then asked me if I rowed because I had a big back. I'm pretty sure the poor bastard has Asperger's because he later informed me that it takes him two hours to get ready to go out at night because he has to blow dry/flat iron his 1/2 inch of hair and sometimes, on really special occasions, he wears makeup. He's aspiring to be a model and I didn't have the heart to tell him that agencies usually don't seek out assholes that look like Kermit the frog with dinosaur teeth. It was legitimately sad to be in the presence of such a loser.

I recovered from that day by heading to San Remo today which is just across the border into Italy and went to a big market there that had so many different shapes of pasta I got overwhelmed and went home. All in all its been great here but I leave Tuesday for Venice or Milan...haven't decided yet.

2 comments: