Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Goodbye Cruel World, I'm off to Join the Circus

After a long haul here in Paris I finally have plans to leave tomorrow and head to Nice which is the southern coast. Thanks to my eurail pass that I anticiated would make my life infinitely easier, I have to go around my ass to get to my elbow but I managed to book a week in a gigantic hostel on the beach so I suppose its give and take.

I'm pretty sad to be leaving here now that I've gotten so comfortable with my family including my uncle who resembles my father so much I pooped my pants a little when I saw him. Fortunately, I'm pretty sure I'm welcome back in Paris anytime. I know this because Paris christened me as one of its citizens last week when I wore an outfit I had purchased completely on location and got shit on by pigeons twice that day. A bittersweet memory I like to think...

Thus far the best sweet thing I've eaten is either a palmier at a local bakery or my cousins chocolate almond cake; best savory was steak tartare and the best coffee (prepare to die) was McDonald's D'aim cappuchino. Its a coffee with little pieces of D'aim candy which are chocolate covered toffee. Europeans are always braging about how strong their coffee is and I'll tell you what, their teeth say it best: brown and rotten. I like my coffee particularly bastardized with loads of sugar and steamed milk, that's my American half. In addition the best thing I've done was by far Disneyland which I did today. My uncle says I have a shark smile (lots of big, white, teeth) and I spent the day with that smile plastered on my face as I ran around, rode every single ride, and noshed on candies. It was effing great, especially round two on It's a Small World and Space Mountain. I also want to make it clear that Disney Euro and Disney USA are NOT the same and even though some of the rides are titled similarly, those too are different. That being said I'd like to pay homage to the wheat fields behind my aunt and uncle's house because they come second, but not closely, to Mickey and his many companions who smoke, drink, and wear striped shirts.

For anyone who hasn't seen, check out my facebook for post voyage pictures. Sadly there won't be any from Disney Paris for a while because I forgot my camera battery and had to buy a disposable that cost me my life savings.

1 comment:

  1. So i'm in a coffee shop reading your blog and when I came to the part about you pooping your pants I laughed so hard that I spit my iced tea all over the place and then continued to laugh. People were not amused, so thanks for that.

    ReplyDelete