Sunday, May 23, 2010

Moving on up

Yesterday I decided it was a great idea to walk to a farmer's market I had seen on a map and ventured out early in the morning with food I had smuggled from breakfast to try to save some money. When I got there it was packed with a ton of people selling produce, fish (wish I had something to cook longoustine >sp), and clothes! I spent a really long time oogling a pair of trouser capris that I desperately wanted before walking away and buying a salami instead. The market ended up being a lot closer than I had anticipated so I made the executive decision to walk to another that seemed far but not unobtainable. Wrong. It was hellaciously far and filled with pushy foreigners...which I suppose is also what I am. It was decent anyways and I managed to mull around a bit before treating myself to a tram ride home.

When I got back I peed and then wandered to the main strip in search of a journal because I forgot one and wanted to get on the bandwagon before I forgot what I had done. Then I plopped myself down at a cafe over a glass of rose wine and wrote until my nose was fried by the sun, then went home. I had intended to go out to a pub with two girls I met in the hostel from New Zealand but ended up being too tired and crashed instead.

This morning I am switching hostels to one uptown near the Anne Frank house and plan to explore a bit around that area. Wish me luck lugging my little but brick-like purple suitcase.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds fun and adventurous! Are you traveling by yourself?

    ReplyDelete