Wednesday, May 26, 2010

One shoe, two shoe, red shoe, blue shoe

First of all, you're all out of control...I purchased ugly but practical tennis shoes from H&M the day before yesterday. They're blue and white striped like a railroad conductor's outfit and I'm pissed that I had to put 10 euro towards them instead of the pink blazer, navy leggings, or powder blue, lace up, suede saddle shoes that I so desperately want. I also managed to walk so much in my flats that I walked a hole right through them so they're going in the garbage and I'll be purchasing a lovely leopard print pair I spotted that I think will compliment my red lipstick nicely.

The good news is that I've managed to save a whole slew of money because the other night I went out with people from my hostel and an Amsterdam native who, after cooking us Asian dumplings, was asking me why I hadn't biked around at all. When I explained that I was on a budget and my feet were free he bought me a bike! So I am now the owner of my very own transportation here in Holland. He also fed us dinner and I still haven't paid for a single drink since I've been here (last night I swapped the bartender my pack of American bubble gum for a pint of Heineken). At this rate I could probably save enough to buy the blue shoes!

Today my plans include going to a flea market nearby, taking a boat ride on the canal and meeting up with some people in the park, then a dinner party at the Dutch guys apartment. I've run out of museums to visit that I actually want to see which is good because I'm taking a train either tomorrow night or Friday morning to Brussels and meeting up with Bertrand and his daughter Clementine who is 14. He told me he was going to feed me coffee, waffles, and french fries which is all I ever really wanted out of life.

P.s. mom my phone is breaking (fuck) and don't send me my keds. Btw I just want you all to know that my cowgirl boots have been excellent and were well worth bringing!

3 comments:

  1. what are you gonna do with the bike once you leave amsterdam?

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and BTW, just stumbled upon a really sweet old fashion looking pink bike behind the apartment dumpster. I took it and plan on fixing it up so now we both have free bikes!!! Go us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-AbPav5E5M

    -T

    ReplyDelete