Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A Death in the Family

This morning when I woke up I was waiting on the internet at the hostel and trying to add up what I've spent and convert the euros in dollars so I know where I stand. As I was trying to do this my phone kept pulling cracked out moves every time I tried to open the little bitch. It began doing this the night before I left and I assumed it had something to do with the international plan I set up and if I turned it off for a hot minute and let it chill it'd be fine when I decided to reboot so that's exactly what I did. I was in the middle of buying my leopard print flats and when I walked out and turned my phone on. Just my luck that my phone should commit cellular suicide less than a week into my trip. I asked someone if Holland has AT&T and promptly got laughed at so I went into the first T-mobile I found and bought a new phone that resembles a black candy bar, has like 3 1/2 buttons and is so goddamn primitive I want to run myself over with my new bike. Thank the lord that I don't need to text people because in combination with all the shopping/no buying stress...I might have actually died.

Sans phone dilema, I walked around and tried to look for things to do indoors because it was chilly today. Today made me glad that I am travelling in summer because being alone in cold weather with nothing to do = non-stop eating. Eventually 6 oçlock rolled around and I met up with a guy named Ron and a bunch of people he studied abroad with including two Dutch guys, one Dutch girl, two Japanese people (guy and girl), a guy from Korea and Moi. He made us dinner (pasta with a ragout and a pudding thingy for dessert) and we watched the Holland/Mexico match and chatted over wine.

Staying in tonight...I'm walking my feet flat and I'm short that if I have disgusting feet its plausible people might think I'm a hobbit.

2 comments:

  1. Being French here are some traveling tips.As you leave Holland people are medium size and don't look to swift.That's the Belges.Later people are shorter and look permanently pissed-off:that's the Frenchs.You may also encounter some "fuglys"with teeth who look like they could be used as coke bottle opener;now that's the English.PS.Their teeths are bad because they are revolting against the food they have to chew everyday.Love dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's so funny, Pieter's family has T-Mobile too, must be a Dutch thing. HAHA your dad's comment is really funny =)

    -T

    ReplyDelete