Monday, June 21, 2010

Baby Poop

I am still in Paris, however, I've moved on to staying with my cousins: Marie, David, and their two daughters Lucie and Louise (5 and 2). Although very happy to be here, the babies are either screaming, laughing or crying at any and all points of the day and I'm on the verge of sickness so I took it upon myself to invest in a pair of earplugs that come in a package marked "scilence is golden" as well as an eyemask. I use them for both sleeping and life.

Meanwhile I've gained about 5 lbs in cheese and another 5 in croissants because all the people I've visited remember one thing about me as a child...my affinity for food. It feels like someone took one of those big cheese wheels, cut a hole in the middle, and placed it around the middle of my waist. Muffin tops are infinitely less attractive when they're made of Saint Felician cheese (which just so happens to be in season right now).

In addition to getting fat I've managed to see all the major points of Paris at least once if not twice and am now skulking around parks like a creeper with sandwiches in my purse trying to find something to do while I pass the time until next weekend when I go to a wedding in Brittany followed by my immediate departure to Avignon where I'm ecstatic to be going because it will be warm enough to wear dresses and I won't have to crisco my fat ass into my skinny jeans anymore. Not much else to say, the sparkle of Paris wore off when I learned that getting shit on by pigeons is a huge fucking problem here, its probably the reason everyone looks so angry all the time. On a happier note, I am now the proud owner of a real Parisian striped shirt courtesy of my aunt.

Side note: out of everyone at home, school, and everywhere in between, I miss coeld blankie the most.

2 comments: