Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Mal au Pied

Paris streets weren't meant for walking, they weren't planned for driving or biking...they were planned by drunks with trucks full of cobblestones who had nowhere else to put them. For the last three days I've been attempting to see this city on foot and serves me right I suppose that today I walked until my feet bled, literally. With sandals its a matter of the straps rubbing your feet. In anything closed toe feet begin to swell and toes rub together causing mayhem in ones shoes that can't be seen but is very apparent through its crippling effects. I also want everyone to know that the shoes I wore today...the ones that caused the bleeding, were my tennis shoes and I blame you all for telling me they were better than my other crap ones.

On a lighter note, in the last three days I've managed to visit: the Eiffel Tower, Luxembourg Gardens, Sacre Couer, Musée d'Orsay, Arc de Triomphe, Louvre, Grande Epicerie du Paris, Fauchon, and a lot more other crap. Today it rained and was humid so no pictures exist to keep record of my hair/face however, I did decide to treat myself to a sit down lunch at a Japanese restaurant in the Latin quarter which was strangely better than all the fancy French food and fresh crépes I've been eating. The woman could tell I was starving and exhausted so she gave me free lychee dessert and immediately afterwards I had someone pay for my metro ticket which I consider karma for the fact that I gave my louvre ticket to a couple who culdnt afford to go in once I had finished in looking at all the stuff.

The Mona Lisa is actually BIGGER than I thought it'd be after I had so many people tell me it was small. Now I'm too tired to type and dinner is ready.

2 comments:

  1. i would like to point out that I saw that pic of the new shoes you got and of course your feet bled foolio, those shoes are cute but lack any sort of support and/or cushioning. So I maintain my stance that you need a sensible pair of shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. when my toes were chaffing from being squished in a shoes they couldnt breathe in I'm pretty sure it had nothing to do with the arch support...good try though

    ReplyDelete